Monday, September 17, 2012

Don Rex retro chair obsession

Rosie's back!  It's been a little quiet here on the blog.  A person could be forgiven for thinking that I don't care (sniff) but that's not true, I'm just struggling with time management most of the time.  My latest plan is to take back control of my time and energy with a planner board which of course I will stick to.  Work has been busy and I know all of you out there who work from home and juggle lots of interests will understand how things slip through the net.  My planner board WILL have time actually allocated to blogging so expect to hear from me a little more often.

Classic Don Rex retro - for sale $250
I've also been busy on new projects.  Trouble is that once I've finished a project I so often love the result and don't want to part with it.  Due to my current chair obsession, a quick chair count around the house alarmingly reveals that we have a grand total of 51 seats in the house.  Obviously this includes the couches which seats 3 each, brekky bar stools and my trusty computer chair(s) but still, it's time to relax the grip and market some projects I think.

Super cute, super comfy
The first cab off the rank is this little beauty, an original labelled Don Rex piece in solid cedar. I am really happy with the way it's come up, all the time and effort is worth it for results like this.


This girl has been lovingly stripped of all that nasty polyeurathane to bring out the wood grain and shape of the arms, although not so far that she loses her charm.  I've deliberately left a few nicks in the legs and the deeper patches at the tips of the arms, after all, she had a life before I met her.  She's  then been treated to 3 coats of danish oil to bring her to her best. The funky retro fabric will look fab as a feature anywhere and the compact size of these chairs means that every home can find space for one (except maybe mine at the moment but hey).
Love the atomic arm shape


Close up of the beautiful wood grain















The pictures really don't do this old girl the justic she deserves.  She is looking for her new home where she will be loved and appreciated for years to come.  Contact via this blog or through our Facebook Page
at  http://www.facebook.com/RecycledRosie

No comments:

Post a Comment